Timeline for Planning a Gathering
Here is a rough timeline for planning a Gathering from preparation to marketing to execution.
Preparation (at least 4 weeks prior to date & launching within 90 days of signing Independent Contractor Agreement)
- Leader Finds a venue
- Leader Picks a date
- Leader Picks a program (optional: use our monthly featured topics), guest expert, etc.
- Leader Re-Confirms date, location, time, program with Ellementa Inc.
- Leader Secures sponsors (optional) or refers potential national sponsors to Ellementa.
- Leader Provides Ellementa with photos and bios for experts, if any.
- Leader Prints marketing materials (optional and at Leader’s expense).
4 weeks out (If you are late providing Gathering details, this process may be hampered)
- Ellementa Creates Eventbrite, Facebook Event, Event listing on Ellementa.com
- Ellementa Crafts and schedules social media messaging
- Leader Distributes print materials and markets the Gathering
- Ellementa can send a press release to local media using contacts provided by leader (after 1st Gathering has been held).
3 weeks out
- Ellementa & Leader Market the Gathering online. If you don’t already have it, ask us for the 10 Ways to Market Your Gathering document.
- Leader Continues to distribute materials, actively promotes Gathering offline locally.
- Ellementa lists Gathering in at least 1 national email and, in some cases, 1 regional email.
2 weeks out
- Ellementa & Leader Continue to market the Gathering
1 week out
- Week of Ellementa Inc. & Leader make final marketing push, daily marketing efforts
NOTE: If you do not have at least 3 tickets sold by this time, we can discuss Cancellation.
Day of Gathering
- Leader Picks up optional supplies.
- Leader Sets up venue.
- Leader Runs event.
- Ellementa has someone on call by text or phone to troubleshoot.
- Leader cleans up.
- Leader provides photos and recap of event to Ellementa.
- Ellementa Inc. provides Revenue Recap within 30 days of the Gathering and issues a check once Leader approves the RECAP. The $25 stipend will be provided in the first Recap after launch.