Introduce Ellementa, introduce yourself, introduce your sponsors (you will be informed by Leader Support if THEY get to introduce themselves at opening), and your guest expert(s) if you have any. Also go over brief house rules:
- This is a non-consumption event, please be respectful of your neighbor’s comfort level with cannabis.
- Nothing you hear at Ellementa Gatherings should be taken as medical advice.
- We aim to create a comfortable and welcoming space for women at all levels of experience with cannabis. Please be kind and respectful.
- There are no “dumb” questions so feel free to ask anything. Everyone is here to learn and share with one another.
- We encourage every woman to share her story based on her comfort level. In sharing, we not only empower others, but we empower ourselves.
If your venue has other housekeeping requests, please share them at the start of the evening.
If someone in attendance tries to sell their product or service but is not a Gathering sponsor, politely invite them to become a sponsor at a later date. Let them know that out of respect to the current sponsors, we ask that they refrain from selling on site. They are welcome to hand out cards.
If things get emotionally charged as women share their stories, acknowledge the emotions and remind the group that we’re an informational and educational Gathering. Offer to take a break, encourage everyone to breathe deeply, stand up, move their bodies and regroup before continuing. Gatherings are not therapy sessions.
Gathering Program Process
- Running the Program:
You, or a trusted designee, should run the Gathering and be in control of the room. Keep things positive, apolitical, and informative. We want women to leave feeling they receive good information, warm support, and access to things she wouldn’t have gotten access to otherwise. See HOUSEKEEPING RULES above to open your Gathering.
If you have items to give away, pick names from a bowl or box before you wind down. Ask to take photos of winners with their items and permission to post but it’s fine if they decline. Get winner names and emails to Ellementa Inc. to share with sponsors in case they want to follow up.
After the program, women should have time to connect with one another, exchange contact information, etc.
We show respect for our venues by making a minimal footprint on their space. Cleanup can take between 15-30 minutes after a Gathering. Make sure to get help!